Car Safety Kit – The 5 Items You Need
Kaplan & Lukowski helps metro Atlanta residents who are injured in automobile accidents get compensation that they are entitled to. In the event that you find yourself in a car emergency, you should have a car safety kit.
Continue reading to learn the five essential items you should have in your car safety kit from Kaplan & Lukowski, Georgia’s medical malpractice and personal injury lawyers.
- Jumper Cables: Owning and knowing how to use jumper cables is essential for every driver. They will come in handy if your car battery dies. Using jumper cables incorrectly is dangerous, so learning how to use them is important. Most cables come with instructions on how to use them, or you can find instructions online.
- First-aid Kit: You should pack and keep a first-aid kit in your car. Packing it yourself is a great option because you can customize what you put in for you and your family’s needs. Some basic items to include are an assortment of adhesive bandages, gauze pads, antibiotic ointment, antiseptic and hydrocortisone creams, insect sting relief pads, cotton balls and swabs, Vaseline, and pain relievers.
- LED Flashlights With Extra Batteries: If you happen to find yourself in a car accident or if your car breaks down at night, you will definitely want to have a few flashlights on hand. Keep some extra batteries in your car as well so that you can keep your light on!
- A Quart or More of Motor Oil: Motor oil can fix many common car issues. Motor oil is the used to lubricate the internal combustion engines. Having oil in your car could save you from a lot of risky roadside situations. Find out the best motor oil for your car and pick some up to keep in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Tool Kit: Look for a lightweight plastic toolbox that you can keep in the back you of your car. You should keep screwdrivers, pliers, an adjustable wrench, and a pocket knife in the kit. These basic tools can help in many car situations. For example, you can use a screwdriver to escape a sinking car or use a screwdriver to start a car.
Contact Kaplan & Lukowski
Have you been injured in a car accident due to the negligent actions of another driver? You may be entitled to compensation. Contact Kaplan & Lukowski to schedule your free personal injury consultation.